Here is what you will need for 4 servings:
- 2 to 3 ripe mangoes (peeled and sliced)
- 2 cups glutinous rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup palm sugar (you can find this at an Asian grocery store)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- The night before, soak the rice in water. If you don't do this, it will not cook properly.
- After it's been soaked, cook the rice in a metal or bamboo steamer. Line it with something like cheesecloth so the rice doesn't fall through. Make sure the rice is being cooked over the water by steam, not in the water. It will take about 15-20 minutes for the rice to cook.
- As the rice is cooking, make the sweet coconut milk sauce. Heat the coconut milk, salt, and palm sugar in a sauce pan until the palm sugar dissolves. Lower the heat to a simmer to allow the sauce to thicken slightly then set it aside.
- Peel and slice the mangoes
- By this time, the rice should be done. Transfer the rice to a bowl and break it apart to allow the steam to escape. Shape it into 4 individual mounds on separate plates. Pour the coconut milk sauce over the rice and arrange the mango slices as you like. Top with sesame seeds and enjoy!
I am sharing with: