When I saw this post, I knew it was exactly what I wanted! I have an obsessions with wine crates. I can't seem to get enough of them. I think one reason is because they remind me of France (even if they're not French wines), and another reason is because they're not easy to find so it always feels like an accomplishment when I can get my hands on one! I also love the idea of re-purposing.
|Source: Frugal Ain't Cheap|
I went to Home Depot and bought the wood, screws, and stain.
I cut the pieces myself with a jigsaw! I usually have Mr. H cut the wood for me but he had to work all day and I didn't want to wait. For my shelf, I wanted to be able to remove the crates so instead of screwing them to the posts, I created ledges for them to sit on.
Here's what I used:
1) two 1"x2"x96" piece of wood for the legs, cut each one in half so there are four 48" long pieces
2) one 1"x2"x96" for the wine crate supports, cut to six 13" pieces
3) one 2"x2"x72" piece of wood for the back frame support, cut to three 21" pieces
4) twelve 1" screws for the crate supports
5) six 1 1/4" screws for the back supports
6) wood stain
Here it is assembled with the wine crates in it.
Here's what my fabric storage looked like before
And here it is now! I think it's only a matter of time before Shady makes herself at home in the wine crates, though.