It must be the season for figs! I've been seeing them everywhere! Good thing for me because we had some friends over for dinner the other night and I needed to make some sort of appetizer. I was inspired by the dates stuffed with goat cheese I had a couple weeks ago and thought, why not stuff the figs with goat cheese?
- Quarter the figs about 3/4 of the way down
- Stuff each one with goat cheese
- Brush each one with olive oil
- Broil on High in the oven for about 15 minutes
- Take them out of the oven and sprinkle with sea salt and black paper
- Drizzle them with honey
- Serve with balsamic vinegar for dipping
The sweetness of the ripe figs and honey complemented the richness and warmth of the goat cheese so well. The balsamic vinegar added the perfect amount of acidity to balance out all the mingling flavors.
I'm sharing with: