July 23, 2013

Antiquing in the neighborhood

On my way home from work everyday I drive by an antique shop that is right in my neighborhood.  It never seems to be open.  Today I drove by and noticed that there were items set up outside...chairs, trunks, a bird cage so I thought it might be open and it was my lucky day!  The store was stuffed to the gills with treasures!  It went even farther back than what you could see from outside.  This it the type of antique store that I love!  Every nook and cranny filled, hardly room to walk around.  To me this means there are treasures that may have been forgotten behind other treasures, waiting for me to find them.  There's just so much promise.  I was so excited!

Look at the blue and white china in the back!
I just love copper.

Look at this box just waiting to be sorted through.

Here is what I took home with me, a copper tea kettle!  A kitchen remodel is in our 2-5 year plan and I want it to have copper accents.  This is the first piece!  I can't wait to collect more!




7 comments:

  1. Great copper kettle! I love the antique shops that are more cluttered than very tidy ones. I hope you didn't leave Mr.Bear behind.......... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left Mr. Bear for someone who could give him more love than I could! Yes, love those cluttered shops!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They are so much fun! Thanks so much for stopping by and also for following! Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. That looks like such a fun shop to visit! I like your teapot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so much fun and I feel like I didn't even see half of it. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that tea kettle and that shop looks amazing!!! What fun!

    I'm now YOUR newest follower!! Take care!

    Suzie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...