July 13, 2013

Moroccan hanging lanterns

I love how fire gives a warmth, coziness and intimacy to everything whether it's in a fireplace, a lantern, or just a burning candle. I wanted to bring this feeling to our back porch and actually got the inspiration from the previous owners of our house. 

This is a picture that was used on the MLS when the house was on the market. I'm not sure who took it, I will assume it was their realty team.  If you look above the table you can see little lanterns hanging from the beams.


I loved this idea and after we moved in I wanted to hang lanterns as well.  I went to World Market and found the perfect lanterns. I love the Moroccan/Bohemian look but it doesn't go too well with the rest of our transitional home décor style...plus Mr. H finds large doses of it to be a bit too girly for his taste.  It is perfect for the back porch, though! Stayed tuned to see if I can sneak this look in anywhere else ;)

                                                                                                            

   

6 comments:

  1. I like the pics of the lights, its tough to shoot them right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It took a few tries before getting good ones!

      Delete
  2. Just love those lanterns! Candlelight is so cozy and the pics are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for visiting!

      Delete
  3. That porch is a great space. I really like the hanging lanterns - it must look awesome in the pitch black of night when they're all lit.

    Greetings from France!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for visiting all the way from France! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...